Spokane Bike Shops and Builders
These may in some sense be our competition, but they’re also our friends so we don’t mind promoting them. Locations are approximate.
- Pedals 2 People – Non-profit organization sells used bicycles and rents shop space.
- Cycle Sports – Liberty Lake – on hiatus, but may be reopening near East Valley schools
- Two Wheel Transit – just moved to the South Perry District (Perry and 8th)
- Steve’s on Cannon Street – Cannon and Pacific in Browne’s Addition
- North Division – Division and Hawthorne
- Bicycle Butler – Maple and Francis
- Spoke N Sport – Division and Main downtown
- Wheel Sport – Several locations around town
- Argonne Cycle – Millwood on Argonne
- Fitness Fanatics – Trent and Pines
- The Bike Hub – Sprague and Pines & soon to come First and Cedar downtown
- REI – Monroe and Boone
- Elephant Cycles – Custom built bicycles
- Hairy Gary – Handmade bikes
Other Local Biking Links
- Bike to Work Spokane
- City of Spokane Bicycle Advisory Board
- Emde Sports – Cyclocross Series and Women’s Triathlons
- Round and Round – 24-hour Mtn Bike Race and other events
- Spokane Bicycle Club
- Cycling Spokane – blog about all thing bikish in Spokane.
- Midnight Century Ride – First Saturday in August
Non-profit Bike Shops in other cities
- Bike Works – Seattle
- Pedal Revolution – San Francisco
- Community Cycling Center – Portland
- The Hub Community Bike Shop Cooperative – Bellingham
- Citybikes Workers’ Cooperative – Portland
- Boise Bicycle Project – Boise
- Christ Cycles – Richmond, VA
General Cycling Info
- Sheldon Brown – The guru of bicycle technical info.
- VeloNews – Monthly magazine.
- Bike Forums – Discussion Groups on whatever topics.
- United Bicycle Institute – Professional repair and frame building school – where Noah got certified.
- Rivendell Bicycle Works – Steel bicycles, plus parts, accessories, and articles with a non-traditional perspective.
- Bicycle Tutor – repair videos galore.