All donations to Cool Water Bikes are tax-deductible. Our federal tax ID is 91-1761708 (Cup of Cool Water).
Bikes and Parts
We are always looking for your used bicycles and parts to refurbish. All refurbished bikes are made available for sale to the public and for youth to earn through our Earn-A-Bike program. If you want to donate bicycles or parts, please call ahead.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept all donations. We are primarily looking for bicycles that were originally sold through bike shops. Department store bikes are often too difficult and expensive to be useful for refurbishing. Also, if bicycles have been sitting outside for long periods of time, they may not be salvageable.
Currently, we are not usually able to pick up donations. If you would like to help make this possible, please give us a call.
Honestly, we need money. At this time, sales don’t come anywhere near to covering our budget. We hope this will change as business grows, but for now, we really rely on financial donations to make this program run. If you can give once or every month, we would be extremely grateful.
Sometimes, you may not have money or bikes, but you’ve got “stuff” filling up your garage or basement. We might be able to use it. Here are a few things that you might have that we might be able to take off your hands:
- 3 chair mats (for hard floors – not the ones with spiky bottoms)
- old blue recycling tubs, milk crates, and smaller plastic bins for sorting and storing parts
- pegboard hooks (especially long ones)
- snow shovel
- bench, coat hook, & mirror for changing station
- air freshener for restroom
- entry mat (3’x5′)
- business hours sign and/or programmable LED readerboard
- 3 box fans
- small office safe
- medium size whiteboard (maybe 3’x5′)
- 32″ LCD tv and wall-mount bracket
- Other things listed on our Amazon wish list.
Ongoing consumable needs
- Lint-free shop rags
- quart & gallon ziplock bags
- cleaning fluids (windex, simple green, etc – gallon refills are helpful)
- Vacuum bags (Bissell style 7)
Projects that need done:
- build tire display rack
- set up air compressor (including finding and fixing a leak)
- finish up painting inside (mostly edging and trim)
- paint outside trim
- buy and install several 1′ square acoustic ceiling tiles
- switch out fluorescent light ballasts for electrical ballasts
- fix floor and paint inspection station
- other stuff ad hoc