“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.”
|“Like” us on Facebook
How to Help
- Pray for our youth and for the Cup of Cool Water staff
- Donate a bicycle or bicycle parts
- Bring in your bike for a tune-up – all revenue generated from sales and bike services go to support the ministry
- Volunteer (either directly with youth or behind the scenes)
- Shop at Cool Water Bikes for all of your cycling needs
- Monthly financial support for the ministry
- Sponsor Earn-A-Bike – $100 covers the costs of providing a bicycle, helmet, and lock for a youth to earn.
Spend time one-on-one with youth in our shop. Teach (or learn together) mechanic, customer service, and basic life skills as you get to know each other. All direct service volunteers must sign our statement of faith, be at least 21 years of age, attend both days of volunteer training, complete a volunteer application and interview, and pass a federal background check. We ask direct service volunteers to commit for at least a year, at least twice a month.
You can get more information about volunteering and download the application from Cup of Cool Water.
- Shop Help – help in daily running of the shop: talk with customers, clean, take out trash, organize parts, free up direct service staff and volunteers to spend time with youth, etc. Retail experience is helpful, but not necessary. Commit to one day per week, every other week, or every month.
- Mechanics – we can use weekly, monthly, and occasional volunteers to refurbish donated bicycles to make them ready to sell.
- Drivers – if you are able to pick up donated bikes and parts, we would love to give you a receipt so you could take a tax deduction on the mileage.
- Recycling – we are doing our best to recycle unusable material. If you can take the time to deliver these, it would be a huge help.
All donations to Cup of Cool Water & Cool Water Bikes are tax-deductible. Our federal tax ID is 91-1761708 (Cup of Cool Water).
Bikes and Parts
We are always looking for your used bicycles and parts to refurbish. All refurbished bikes are made available for sale to the public and for youth to earn through our Earn-A-Bike program. If you want to donate bicycles or parts, please call ahead.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept all donations. We are primarily looking for bicycles that were originally sold through bike shops and some sporting goods stores. Department store bikes are often too difficult and expensive to refurbish. Also, if bicycles have been sitting outside for long periods of time, they may not be salvageable.
Currently, we are able to pick up donations if you schedule it at least two days in advance. Just message us to schedule a pick-up.
Honestly, we need money! All donations are deeply appreciated and go to support the Cup of Cool Water ministry at both the drop-in center and at the bike shop.
Sometimes, you may not have money or bikes, but you’ve got “stuff” filling up your garage or basement. We might be able to use it. Please check out our Current Needs List