Cool Water Bikes participates in a variety of racing (road, mountain, cyclocross, triathlon, etc) and group riding. We would love to have more of you join us. If you would like to be notified of upcoming races, rides, and other events, please subscribe to our Google Group: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/coolwaterbikesteam
We use the term “team” rather loosely. Anyone who wants to connect and ride with us is considered part of the team. We don’t have any dues or bylaws (at least not yet). We just want to gather together for fun, encouragement, and to help spread the word about Cool Water Bikes in the broader community. If you are interested, you are welcome to buy and wear CWB cycling gear (jerseys, shorts, etc) to help advertise the team and shop. We add very little markup on these items because it’s such a great marketing tool. Buying the gear is not required to ride with us, just a fun addition.
We do ask that you remember that when you are participating in team rides or anytime you are wearing CWB gear, you are representing the team and shop to the people around you. Please obey traffic laws and trail etiquette and show respect to those around you. Our organization is a representative of Jesus the Christ and we hope to honor him through everything we do.
Here are some of the events our team members have participated in:
- Semi-weekly team rides throughout the year. These are a variety of styles and difficulties (including fun family rides) and we advertise them through the Google Group listed above. These rides typically begin in late April or early May.
- 24 Hours Round the Clock mountain bike race – this is a big event for us. 2014 marks the 7th time in 8 years we have fielded teams of various sizes (plus one solo rider). Come out to watch us Memorial Day weekend then plan to join us next year!
- Inland Northwest Cyclocross Series – cyclocross is an extremely fun sport that blends road and mountain bike racing. The series runs October and November locally.
- Baddlands Twilight Series road races – Tuesday nights from April until August at various venues. The Spokane Raceway Park course is a great beginners introduction to road racing.
- Spokane Rocket Velo road races – SRV has chosen CWB as their “official charity” and we love mingling with them and other teams.
- Wednesday Night Mountain Bike Series – Riverside State Park
- Titanium Man Triathlon – Kennewick
In the past, we have had team members participate in various triathlons (including Ironman CDA, CdA Triathlon, Troika, YMCA Plunge Pedal Plod, EWU Iron Eagle, Lake to Forest, Medical Lake Trailblazer Triathlon, Valley Girl, and Palouse Triathlon), Moscow Mountain Madness mountain bike race, and many others. We’re always looking for more great events to be part of.
We can also use your help to advertise CWB at community events. We set up a booth to share info and sometimes sell items at the following events: